LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

need opinions / ideas and information please read

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need opinions / ideas and information please read

I have a guy local with a 93 trans am auto car with stupid high miles but the body is in real nice shape with a few lil problems. he told me the tranny slips when hot but the motor runs great. I got it I would either rebuild the lt1 and rebuild the tranny and stall it or change it to a 6 speed. but latley I have been wanting to do something outa the ordinary and was considering building a pontiac motor. I have a friend with a complete 455 out of a 73 trans am hed sell me for $500 the car itslef is lets say unter 1200 but also has 190,000 miles on it. I was also considering a lsx swap or a reg smallblock chevy swap. need ideas and wanting a nice long term project. this would be mainly a drag/weekend car.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All of those sounds like alot of work

Not sure I would put a big block in an fbody, dont get me wrong people do it but its quite a PITA. There is a guy in the BBC/SBC forum on this site that has a BBC in a TA, absolutley sick but not sure I would do it.

Depends on what you want to do and your budget. Is it going to be a strip only, street/strip, daily driver etc? Have you put together a budget for it? How long are you wanting to spend piecing it together?

I think if you can answer those questions you will have your answer (or something in the ballpark )

Good luck!