LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

True Duals Part 2.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default True Duals Part 2.

Well today (thursday) my car got worked on getting my duals taken over the axle. getting the duals finished off with my corsa clones. so here's a collection of pictures I have taken so far and I will try to get some more tomorrow or this weekend of it completely finished. the setup is 3" true duals w/ x pipe and short powersticks

original dumped setup

my new tips

pretty big tips

a few pic updates from the guy who is fabbing it over the axle

Old 07-17-2008, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm, looks good, damn you just did the dumped version not too long ago. lol
Old 07-18-2008, 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i got the dumped version january with plans on extending it out eventually...and finally i was able to.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks like it will be really nice. My car is actually in the shop right now, for over-the-axle duals with short Sweet Thunders (same exact thing as Powersticks). The guy didn't think there was enough room under the car BEFORE the axle to fit the mufflers, so this will be a good way for me to prove to him that it can be done.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

If I was gonna get my duals over the axle from the get go I would had just had the mufflers right before the tips...but I'm actually glad they are there now in case I do want to quiet it down a lil bit down the road I can swap two more mufflers in there
Old 07-18-2008, 10:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

lookin good man, be sure to get a clip up when its done. If only I could get a place around here to do the work I'd have my X and Powersticks on too! I was thinking just letting Midas or Menieke do it, what kind of place did yours?
Old 07-18-2008, 11:12 PM
TECH Junkie

thats real nice. i wanna do a similar set up but only with a 2.5" dual exhaust. keep the pictures coming!
Old 07-19-2008, 01:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Can't wait to hear it, if you can procure video/audio.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
lookin good man, be sure to get a clip up when its done. If only I could get a place around here to do the work I'd have my X and Powersticks on too! I was thinking just letting Midas or Menieke do it, what kind of place did yours?
I had a friend who owns a 97 SS do it for me since he works w/ metal for his job he can do this stuff pretty easily.

Originally Posted by Marc3.4V6
Can't wait to hear it, if you can procure video/audio.
Yeah I gotta borrow a video camera and I plan on making a video.

It's not 100% done. We ran out of time and I had to take my car. It's all put together we just need to get the tips aligned since the passenger side is a lil off. Sounds so good. I took my friend for a ride and he's like "hey now we can talk in your car. Your exhaust is so much quieter." So I had to demonstrate that it's only quieter inside. Stopped the car told him to walk behind it and I gave it a nice rev and he started yelling because his ears hurt bcs it was so loud. I'll get pics when its done and video hopefully in the next week or so.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:24 AM
Teching In

I did the exhaust work for Darren's car here. I'm currently an independently contracted welder building trailers that house boilers to test mustard gas containers for the military. That contract is now over as of yesterday and I'm moving to fabricate air conditioners beginning in a week or two, which I presume will be for the military also.

To be honest it was my first up over the axle exhaust work. I tried to weld it up with as few seams as possible but I only had so much pipe and had to fill in a few gaps with weld and small sections of pipe. Overall wasn't too bad.

In the last pic I corrected what I thought was a mistake with the driver's side pipe pointing over in that direction. I didn't like that and at least wanted them both to come over the axle symmetrically. I have since rectified that before letting Darren take the car.

He is correct about the passenger's side tip being a lil off and we'll revisit it that next week to finish it off. I did this at my home, outside, in the 90* weather with just a jack and pair of stands in the driveway as my POS is a paper weight in my garage. The tip slant will be an easy fix, just didn't have anymore time as we both had to be somewhere within the hour and like I always tell people if they're not completely satisfied to bring it back and I'll take care of it.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:13 AM
12 Second Club

Looks very good, curious to see what you do after the axle.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 96silverram
Looks very good, curious to see what you do after the axle.
I imagine they did something similar to my friend's true duals:

Old 07-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Purple95Z28
I imagine they did something similar to my friend's true duals:

Yup, that's pretty much it.

Quick Reply: True Duals Part 2.