LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fuel Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel Issue?

This doesnt happen very often but it still bugs me. Sometimes, when i crank the car and pull out of my driveway, its almost like the car loses fuel for about a second, like it runs out of gas and then picks it back up. It might do it 1 time or 3 times during the first mile going down the road, but then doesnt do it anymore. Also, i can leave the key foward for about 15-30 seconds and let the pump prime, and the car dont want to crank. Does this sound like a dying fuel pump? I changed the filter a while back and dont think its that. Also, how do i check the fuel pressure on this car?
Old 07-26-2008, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IronOutlaw
This doesnt happen very often but it still bugs me. Sometimes, when i crank the car and pull out of my driveway, its almost like the car loses fuel for about a second, like it runs out of gas and then picks it back up. It might do it 1 time or 3 times during the first mile going down the road, but then doesnt do it anymore. Also, i can leave the key foward for about 15-30 seconds and let the pump prime, and the car dont want to crank. Does this sound like a dying fuel pump? I changed the filter a while back and dont think its that. Also, how do i check the fuel pressure on this car?
Get a fuel pressure gauge, there about 45.00 bucks at O'Reilly's, well worth the money, i had the same problem with mine, it wouldn't start good, helps if the pump primes lol, now it primes to 41 psi & i've set it at 54 psi with reg. disconnected, fires right up & runs like a banchee.

Quick Reply: Fuel Issue?