LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New car--figuring some things out

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New car--figuring some things out

I just bought an 1995 T/A T-56 no T-top car. So far I love it just need to get a few little issues here and there fixed and we will be great!

One of the first things I am curious about is a grind in first gear--whenever I shift into first it grinds pretty bad unless i put the shifter into 2nd and then into first before letting the clutch out.

Do I need to bleed the clutch--is it a syncro going bad or what?

I don't know if this is a common problem or if its just one of the qwirks of this particular car.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dendyc
I just bought an 1995 T/A T-56 no T-top car. So far I love it just need to get a few little issues here and there fixed and we will be great!

One of the first things I am curious about is a grind in first gear--whenever I shift into first it grinds pretty bad unless i put the shifter into 2nd and then into first before letting the clutch out.

Do I need to bleed the clutch--is it a syncro going bad or what?

I don't know if this is a common problem or if its just one of the qwirks of this particular car.

If the clutch feels good & the peddle lift off the floor before it grabs, then its most likely a syncro problem, make sure it isn't low on fluid.

Quick Reply: New car--figuring some things out