LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Adjustable Torque arm and Control arms needed ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 05:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
Soxpuppet: Adjustable everything. As you said, spend the money once. Go UMI or BMR. Englishtown?
after reading all the arguements i most likely will go full adjustable. ill prbalby start with the torque arm first tho because i wont have the cash to buy the control arms and the torque arms at the same time. and ill be going BMR they havent failed me nor my dad with any product ive bought. as for english town its not to far from me. afew of my friends go all the time but i havent been down there yet. next spring or whenever a group of my friends are going ill definitely be taking a ride down. where in NY are you ?

and thanks agian for everyone that brings there heads to the table. everyones opinion and set up really does help me figure it out.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

I have all non-adj because at the time I didn't want to fork out anymore money but I wouldn't mind having the adjustablity now but I really don't need it. The car cut 1.6's all day long consistently and launched 100% straight everytime before the added motor work so I can't complain, the non-adj works awesome for me. Its really doesn't seem worth the extra $$ unless the car is an 11sec car or faster car but if money isn't tight I would spring for the adjustability, that way you know you have the best just make sure you know how to adjust it properly or atleast know someone who does.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fergymoto
Gizmo knows how to set up a car. He knows how to squeeze out the best in the car.
Thanks for the kind words. I am in no way an expert on these cars, but I love working on them. I only try to reply to threads in which I have had some real world experience. Mostly you will see me trying to talk people out of buying parts that they just don't need. These cars are expensive to build.

Picking up another one tonight!

Take Care,

Daren
Old 09-30-2008, 09:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have all non ajustable on my last 3 formulas and have always been happy. You do know the rod end adjustables can become pretty load over time.

Quick Reply: Adjustable Torque arm and Control arms needed ?