Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

My Tick Perfromance Adjustable Master Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 10:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Jonathan, sounds like you guys have things together over there. I hope you don't think I was attacking you guys or the product in any way, just stating the experience to help you guys troubleshoot any possible issues. I know there are always quirks to work out with new products but this one seems pretty solid and you guys take care of your customers.

I'll talk to Aaron to see if he's interested in the adjustment. If he is, I'll double check my adjustments like I said to make sure I'm not an idiot (again, always a possibility) and I'll let you guys know either way just for information's sake.

And I didn't mean to start the panic on the bolts not being there, they just weren't with the one he received but I was pretty clear on the fact that it was no big deal because they cost a few cents and are found at any local or big name hardware store.

Good luck with the sales, guys. They seem to be flying off your shelves from what I've been reading in this forum. If my RAM ever takes a crap on me, I may just pick one up and give it a shot.

Joe

I didn't think you were attacking us at all. I just wanted to make sure that everyone reading this knows that the hardware is included and it was our mistake that a couple of guys didn't get theirs. We'll be shaving the ends down a bit more and I appreciate the feedback.

I'm going to look into making the rod a bit longer also. If it can be made a bit longer without positioning the pedal too high when all the way in it would certainly be better.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan@Tick
I didn't think you were attacking us at all. I just wanted to make sure that everyone reading this knows that the hardware is included and it was our mistake that a couple of guys didn't get theirs. We'll be shaving the ends down a bit more and I appreciate the feedback.

I'm going to look into making the rod a bit longer also. If it can be made a bit longer without positioning the pedal too high when all the way in it would certainly be better.
That's awesome. Glad I could help.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:21 AM
Internet Mechanic

So final clarification, can we have the pedal be near the same height as the brakes? I am sure I can use a little more adjustment out. Just to ensure a perfect engagement.

Thanks
Old 10-16-2008, 05:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
So final clarification, can we have the pedal be near the same height as the brakes? I am sure I can use a little more adjustment out. Just to ensure a perfect engagement.

Thanks
Yes, thats not a problem. The idea is to adjust it out gradually until you get the best feel. Theres a fine line between just right, and too much. Most of the cars we've adjusted here at the shop have ended up with the pedal slightly higher than the brake pedal. Basically, we say to adjust them gradually so someone doesn't actually make it too long right from the start which could cause damage to their pressure plate.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i recently just changed from a worn out spec-3 to a custom clutch set up, and have been having problems shifting at wot as well as sometimes needing two hands to put the car in reverse. i was about to send the trans out when i stumbled on ticks thread.........

long story short, my master is in the mail, and i hope it saves me the money i can use on a cam kit
Old 10-29-2008, 08:35 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

cbrrmike, thanks for the order. Can't wait to hear your results!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:40 PM
12 Second Club

came today (ordered sunday, super fast shipping guys) but i was out so i have to pick it up tomorrow. then look at it all weekend because i work.

hopefully it will go in on tuesday
Old 10-31-2008, 05:53 AM
9 Second Club

i cant wait to get one
Old 01-30-2009, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks tripin for posting this info. Just bought my SS last year & have this problem too. Very frustrating when it happens. I will be getting one of these.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:32 PM
TECH Addict

@ Tick

Do you think there would be any way to look into a solution for the first gen CTS-V as well? I noticed the factory slave looks similar in design that of the V so it may be doable. There have been a lot of Caddy guys that have built some bad engine in the last few months and are having some clutch problems with the new found power. I personally have been for over a year. I have swapped clutches to no avail. I hear Monster is a good clutch that doesn't require any hydro changes but my Spec is only a few months old and would rather not change it if there is an easier solution.

Thanks
Old 03-21-2010, 04:02 PM
TECH Regular

Well i'm a proud to say i will have 700 cash in my bank account tomorrow morning! So the first thing i am doing when i wake up is getting ahold of tick to order some go fast goodies... Tired of losing races to **** because i can't get my tranny to shift at high rpm's an my clutch won't disengage ;(... I'm so ready to slap a new shifter around with ease and drive that bitch like it owes me money an take a fat **** on all the mustangs!!!

I've ran into this problem with both of my camaro's so i would be nice to cure a huge on going problem with these stock master's. I can't wait to feel the difference. I have been on here since i bought my first camaro an when i found this thread after having clutch problems i was so relieved to know that it was something more serious than the pressure plate or clutch issues. I've herd from a bunch of people on here that this is a god given blessing to the F-Body community! I'll be doing a write up on this guy as soon as it gets installed this week.

Quick Reply: My Tick Perfromance Adjustable Master Install