Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need help fast please...! tranny

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help fast please...! tranny

well my girlfriend thought she was being cute by pushing my car from drive to neutral while driving because it would just nmake me rev (well fyi i have a 2000 camaro v6 with 80,000) and it accidently went into reverse while i was going like 30 and i caught it before anything really "happened" but it starting to bog down so to speak but it never fully went into gear and i put it into neutral real fast and turned the key off but i couldnt tell if the car shut off on its own or if i did it myself because it all happened so fast. the car still runs and pulls really strong, the oil is still excellent and so is the transmission. doesnt make any weird noises and there are no funny smells. it drives just like it did before but i had an older truck that did this and it drove for an hour or so before i found out i had a busted lifter and seized my camshaft in place. i have turned it off and on several times and reved it several times and like i said everything seems perfect. right after i shut it off/the car shut itself off it wouldnt start right away it took maybe like 3 or 4 cranks or so and then it turned over and drove fine. is this car supposed to shut off on its own in an accident like this? someone please help i hope i didnt f*** anything up...
Old 10-26-2008, 12:35 AM
Teching In

Im not an expert on the v6 automatics but there should be something that wont even let it into reverse and engage it when its going over like 5mph, I know the T56 has a lock out solenoid that doesnt let you in reverse when you are going like 2 mph. So you would think that GM would do something simmilar to the autos. But like I said, im not 100% sure.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

sorry guys wrong section
Old 10-26-2008, 07:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think you can get the valve to switch to reverse while there is significant forward momentum... and if you "bump" it, you just hit neutral not reverse...
Old 10-28-2008, 10:21 AM
12 Second Club

Ya I do not see how it went into N, and dont ever let your girl drive your car no matter how "cute" she is