Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch pressure

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 08:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch pressure

I've been having an issue, it only happens at WOT and when I'm going into 3rd gear, like when I'm going down the 1/4.

Second shifts smooth, and I have full clutch pressure when I release from shifting into second. But when I go to shift into 3rd, it bounces right off 3rd, no grinding, it just doesn't go in, and I loose all clutch pressure. The pedal sticks to the floor and I have to pull it up with my foot, then I only have about 1/2 pedal, and it won't go into gear until I coast for awhile. It's hard to shift for about a min or two, then it's normal again.

I did the drill mod, replaced the MC, and put all new clutch fluid in. Where else am I having an issue?
Old 11-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Launching!

well depends on how many bolt ons you have and what kinda power your making what type of clutch do you have is it stock?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mine was doing the same thing. I think my case was caused by the clutch slipping and generating way too much heat - 133k miles on the stock clutch and about 390rwhp now. I just replaced the stock clutch with the LS7 last weekend, also put in a new slave. I have about 300 miles on the new clutch so I'm still going easy on it, no red line shifts yet.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

54k, stock clutch

SLP 1 3/4" lts, catted ypipe, corsa cat back, slp flow pac, summit ud pulley, sfc's, and some rear suspesion, I've got mt 315's out back, but it did this on the stock tires so that doesn't have anything to do with that.

I've got a new LS7/LS2 clutch/flywheel waiting to be put in, but I've been told that I could possibly have a bent 3/4 shift fork, and if that's the case I only want to pull the tranny once and fix everything then. But if it's a bent fork then why am I loosing pressure.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:08 AM
Launching!

well sir you might be boiling the clutch fluid with lt's as the line to the slave cylinder sits pretty clost to the collector... mine was doing the same thing as well not the shifting problem but the sticking clutch replaced it with an ls7 clutch kit and new rebuilt my master and new slave... it doesn't do it anymore i too had the tranny rebuilt but unless you are an agressive shifter, with 54k i don't think you gotta worry about it... could be do to you loosing pressure, my stock clutch disc had no friction material left on it when i removed it, which is why it would slip... if it don't go into just third though or it is difficult, but fourth is fine it might be the synchro sleeve (slider) has grinded down edges or maybe even your third gear... my fifth gear wouldn't engage if i tried to down shift from sixth, kinda like what you described with the bouncing off feeling
Old 11-19-2008, 09:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have no trouble shifting any other time except at WOT. As long as I'm driving around and not beating on it, it shifts just fine.

I'm hoping that when I do get around to replacing my clutch and slave that takes care of the issue. I was just wanting to make sure that there wasn't anything else wrong.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slw ls1

I have no trouble shifting any other time except at WOT. As long as I'm driving around and not beating on it, it shifts just fine.
That's how mine was too.