Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

shuttering, and leaking trans

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shuttering, and leaking trans

just installed new clutch asm in my 99 t/a drives fine has been for last few months . i just noticed the other day that around 1500 rpm light throttle it kinda bucks like it would if u were not giving it enough gas taking off. and it usally stopped after 2000 rpm . then today it got worse and the tail shaft is leaking and theres a noise almost sounds like a loose pinion bearing checked that and its ok but theres a trans leak and its bucking pretty good just looking for some advice on what would cause that . and also driving home the check engine light popped up outta no where flashes 3 times and steady then flashes 3 times and steady . any help would be great .

thanks ,
Old 11-22-2008, 02:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The bucking has nothing to do with the tranny. I think your SES light only flashes when you have a miss. When was the last time you changed your plugs? What are they gapped at? Check your plugs, then your plug wires, and then your coilpacks if still nothing. I highly doubt it's a coilpack though.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

Yea, sounds like a Mis-fire..
Tail Shaft leak is something that can normally happen.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:07 AM
Teching In

ok ill check that thanks. a buddy and i were screwin around did a burnout nothing then after that that bucking got worse this was before by the way . it always kinda bucked around 1500 jusat a lil on take off and no you could feel it all the way through the rpm range now slightly and the tail shaft just started leaking pretty good, is it possible i bent and out put shaft or drive shaft ?
Old 11-22-2008, 08:12 AM
Teching In

oh and thanks alot guys greatly appreiciated
Old 11-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Teching In

hey so yea i changed plugs and wires found one coil had corrosion in the end cleaded it and re installed cleared codes and its runs great . except the ses light came back on after about 5 min of driving and flashes now and then steady and will flash again had a code p0300 car pulls awsome and has power the bucking is still there its in the rear messed up that ole 10 bolt again . still curios what would make it surge from 1000 to 2000 rpm
Old 11-23-2008, 02:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bro, the surging is from a misfire. P0300 is a Random/multiple misfire. You might need to change that one coil that had corrossion. If you changed the plugs and wires then it couldn't be anything else unless you have a burnt/broken wire somewhere in your wiring harness and that is doubtful. I've never had to change out a coil on my car, still have the originals 8 years later, but I've had to change 3 on my g/f's car. Buy one, switch it out and clear the code. How long has it been surging? What kind of plugs/wires did you buy? Where did you gap your plugs?
Old 11-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Teching In

i have ngk tr 55 plugs and ac delco wires. gapped them at .055 runs great after that really never could tell there was a misfire . i happened to go to a hess station and the idiot filled car up with regular never had any other problems before when they screwed up and sure enough i went home changed the oil and and a buddy and i went out and were driving it and the ses light came on thats what made us decide to change plugs and wire since it had been awhile figured it wouldnt hurt . the rear happened to take a crap at the same time didnt help i did a burn out with it and the 4.10 didnt like it . thought maybe i bent something or the posi unit was causing that bucking owell ill check out what you said tho thanks alot any info is good \

thanks,
scott

Quick Reply: shuttering, and leaking trans