Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Found my clutch problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 02:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found my clutch problem

Some of you might remember me posting concern with my T56 having issues shifting, along with vibrations. Well, since my last post, the vibrations got so bad that I couldn't take the car over 3,000rpm's or it wouldn't let it in or out of any gear. I finaly pulled the money together to pull it back apart to send the clutch disc, flex plate, and flywheel of to be balanced. I put the car in the air, ripped everythiing off so I could pull it when I noticed a long crack in my bell housing. Once the bolts were out of the back of the block, I started to lower the transmission and where that crack was, broke off and hit the floor. I was good and pissed but everything was going wrong with this car. I went to the macchine shop here in Tucson (M&J Dyno & Machine) and the owner had found that the 3 rivets holding the flex plates disc on were about to pop off and were very lose. So that explained the vibrations I was having. I also swapped the ACDelco Slave Cylinder listed for a '98 Trans Am for a GM slave listed for an '01 to '02 Trans Am (They hold more pressure). I also did the master cylinder line drill mod which was a lot easier than I thought it'd be. I put a RAM flex plate that I traded my buddy a bottle of Jack Walker Black Label for, and also put my stage 4 clutch disc back in. Once back together, the car runs and shifts amazing!!!! It's finally back to where it should be! Thank you to all of you that sent me advise on things to try, I learned a lot about the T56 in the last couple months! If you would like to see my car, check out my cardomain page.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/MyPewterWS6