Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Grinding issue....

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Grinding issue....

Ok so I purchased a transmission over the summer from a guy w/ a 2004 gto. I drove around with him for a little while to make sure it was shifting fine and everything seemed great. No problems. I did some research prior to installing it and found out it is an upgrade compared to an m6. The one I have is an m12. It was in a stock car with only 40k miles on it ruffly.

I get it into my car and now it grinds EVERY time going into 4th if i shift quickly. The only time that it doesnt grind is if I hold the clutch in.. let the stuipd transmission stop .. then shift.I dont understand it.. the transmission worked fine. My friend with a standard m6 beats the **** out of his and has 0 issues. I double checked to make sure the slave was bled and I made sure I am pushing the master far enough and everything is good. The clutch releases at a nice point about 3/4 from the top. I am using syncromesh for fluid. I have no reason to think its anything but a bad syncro but cant understand why one would be fine in one car and grind badly in another.... all other gears are fine.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also the pilot bearing is new and I am using a different shifter then the stock one that was being used. As far as I know the t56 has internal stops. This shifter doesnt have any throw adjustment. I am not even sure how that would matter.

Quick Reply: Grinding issue....