0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Down To Two Clutch Options

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Down To Two Clutch Options

So I've been reading just about every clutch thread I can find that applies to my situation for the past month or so. And I'm down to my final two choices, but seem to be stuck on pulling the trigger. I'm stuck between the LS7 kit (budget option) or a Spec 3+ (preparing for even more power in the future option). First the basic run down on the car so everyone's informed. It's a 1999 Trans Am with 123K on the clock and basic bolt-ons minus intake and UDP. My future power mods are basically a sound/sensible cam-only swap (380-400whp-ish) and a few more of the usual bolt-ons. I daily drive the car and would probably see maybe at best 2 to 3 track visits a year. And I probably won't even have sticky tires on it when I'm there. Which is why I find myself leaning towards the LS7 kit because in all reality the car is going to see more street use than anything. Plus at the current discount being offered by a few vendors of $459 shipped it's real hard to turn down. Now my stock clutch is still performing very well. Never slips and I have not yet experienced any of the typical F-Body M6 gremlins. Only reason I'm upgrading is because I want to have the clutch issue addressed before I go doing a cam swap. All input is very appreciated.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

tdp diamond stage 3 got it for under 700 thats everything.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i just had a spec 3 + go out with just a few thousand miles and less than a dozen passes on a 377rwhp car with a 100 shot
i now have a LS7 setup with around 25 passes on it and about 5000 or more miles and it is showing no wear or tear still going strong

good luck but not a hard choice in my eyes

with what you said your going to do with it i say hands down LS7
Old 03-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SREETRACEGUY
i just had a spec 3 + go out with just a few thousand miles and less than a dozen passes on a 377rwhp car with a 100 shot
i now have a LS7 setup with around 25 passes on it and about 5000 or more miles and it is showing no wear or tear still going strong

good luck but not a hard choice in my eyes

with what you said your going to do with it i say hands down LS7
I'm definetly leaning that way, just needin' to be pushed over the edge. Thanks for the info.