Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch setups?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch setups?

I have a commpletly stock camaro SS 1998 and my clutch is starting to slip with 100,000 on it I figure its about time for a new one, I plan on getting my car to about 500 rwhp with in the next 3-4 years so what kinda of clutch do i get i have heard good things about monster and spec but monster is really pricey.. I am setting it up for a street/strip car so it needs to be drivable. Any imput would be great. Thanks.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:56 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad, We offer a number of options that should easily suit your needs. Since you are planning to spend time on the street I am sure you will appreciate a clutch that is both torque capable and durable as well as drivable. I would suggest our Stage 2+ of 3+ (though the 3+ is rated to handle a great deal more torque then you are planning to make). Either would be a fine choice.

As a side note we also provide flywheels (both steel and aluminum) for this application as well. You can have your original flywheel resurfaced of course...but you want to insure that it hasn't been surfaced previously (multiple cuts on the OE flywheel can cause it to be too thin and ultimately lead to release issues). I have provided a link to our product offerings for your application below. Take a look and feel free to contact me with any questions. Thanks

http://www.specclutch.com/cars/Chevy/Camaro/1998/Single