Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Best value replacement clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009 | 05:36 PM
Staging Lane

Default Best value replacement clutch?

Hi,

I've got a 1999 Trans Am Firehawk with 140,000 km. I think the original clutch is ready for replacement.

The car is daily driven, treated with respect, never raced. I'm looking for a replacement clutch that offers the same easy shifting qualities of the original.

Would I be best to simply replace it with another exact OEM model, or is there a better value out there from the aftermarket? Or, what about the LS7-swap many are doing? Budget is an important consideration.

Opinions wanted...
Old 08-04-2009 | 11:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

if your happy with it being stock get one from autozone or advanced the have lifetime waranty also.i ran a lt4 from advanced in my old lt1 car for about 2 years and i street raced it all the time on a 150 shot. it was getting weak when i replaced it but it held up fine i thought.now as far as my ls6 clutch it slips on drag radials but i got a monster 3.5 on its way to take care of that
Old 08-05-2009 | 01:30 AM
Launching!

depends on what you're definition is of value?? some people might say value means the cheapest, whereas some people might define value as a quality product that costs more, but also lasts longer. also depend on your mods? by the looks of your post, your car looks to be stock. i would think that you would be fine with a ls7 clutch, but if it was up to me, i like to spend a little extra and get a quality product, and in my case i got a monster stage 2 with a tick mc
Old 08-05-2009 | 12:06 PM
FormerVendor

I agree, what exactly is "value" in your eyes?

For the dollar, hard to beat a Monster Clutch, with all that it comes with, from a superior product to superior customer service, all for a good price.

Monster is also on sale right now, you can check out pricing in my link in my sig..any questions, feel free to PM/call/email.
Thanks