Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Problem... Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009 | 09:44 PM
Teching In

Default Clutch Problem... Help

I'm new to this so I'll try to explain the best I can. I was driving and took a turn pretty hard in second gear, the car slid sideways. I went to shift after I came out of it and the car wouldn't go into gear. The clutch has lost all pressure and there's a leak from the transmission where it meets the clutch when I put in clutch fluid. It drains when I pump the clutch. There was no burning smell or other troubles other than not being able to get it into gear and the clutch feeling loose like there's no pressure. Does anybody know what this could be and how mcuch to fix it? Thanks in advance.

BTW, I have a 1999 T/A...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 10-02-2009 | 10:08 PM
TECH Resident

could be 3 things, slave cylinder, master cylinder, or your lines are broken. my guess is probably the slave tho, cost about $160? at napa but you gotta pull the tranny
Old 10-02-2009 | 10:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NeedaV8foundation
could be 3 things, slave cylinder, master cylinder, or your lines are broken. my guess is probably the slave tho, cost about $160? at napa but you gotta pull the tranny
Thankyou very much, this sounds like good news, I was hoping that it wasn't a ruined transmission. Thanks again, much appreaciated.
Old 10-03-2009 | 09:45 PM
11 Second Club

Prob. the Slave cylinder. You can find them online for around $135