Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 Sensor identification

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default T56 Sensor identification

Hi guys...so I'm new to the forum, doing an LS1 swap into an RX-7 (will post an intro in the noob section after this!). I just purchased a rebuilt T56 but since I did not have a core, that means I don't have any of the sensors/solenoids. I am in need of the reverse lock out, upshift solenoid (or does anyone know what size plug I need for it since I will eliminate it with a tune), speed sensor, and there is an unknown sensor on the passenger side of the tranny, what is this ?(look for the rag sticking out of it!)

Do any of you have these parts that they might be willing to part with?
Old 10-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Seems that the fill hole is on the other side.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The rag in your first pic is the reverse lights switch.

I can't remember the CAGS thread size, but if you look at the tranny on the passenger side directly opposite the CAGS hole, there is a plug. That plug unscrews, and it is the same as the CAGS hole. I had an extra one and used it to plug my CAGS hole, because I didn't feel like shelling out cash for it when it's already tuned out.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 253 Likes on 194 Posts

Yup..Reverse Light Switch and the CAGS Solenoid.

I made a plug for the CAGS..

Old 10-30-2009, 06:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Berto
Hi guys...so I'm new to the forum, doing an LS1 swap into an RX-7 (will post an intro in the noob section after this!). I just purchased a rebuilt T56 but since I did not have a core, that means I don't have any of the sensors/solenoids. I am in need of the reverse lock out, upshift solenoid (or does anyone know what size plug I need for it since I will eliminate it with a tune), speed sensor, and there is an unknown sensor on the passenger side of the tranny, what is this ?(look for the rag sticking out of it!)

Do any of you have these parts that they might be willing to part with?
Hole in the tailhousing, with the rag in it is for the vehicle speed sensor. This sensor can be bought at a parts house. I've saw the others on evilbay from time to time. Dean

Quick Reply: T56 Sensor identification