Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Issues After Clutch Install

Old 12-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues After Clutch Install

I recently finished putting a spec stg 3 in my ride, and after the install I cant get the car into 2nd or third gear. All other gears its seems to go into fine. The transmission wasnt dropped or anything of that nature. Bled the clutch pretty good, any ideas?
Old 12-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Teching In

Also, not sure if this helps for troubleshooting, but the car goes into all gears with the engine off, which makes it sound like of like a hydrolics issue or the clutch isnt disengaging.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:06 PM
FormerVendor

Indy, Thanks for posting your question. The fact that the car goes into all gears except 2nd and 3rd would generally rule the clutch out as the cause. Remember the clutch performs the same job when moving from 1st to 2nd as it does when moving from 5th to 6th. In instances where complete release is affected it will typically be evident when selecting 1st and reverse because these are gears selected when the car is in the stopped position. That being said where is the engagement point relative to pedal travel? If you pump the pedal does the issue get better or worse? Based on the original info it sounds like this is an internal issue but perhaps you can provide more info (answering the above questions) to assist in my provision of tech support. Thanks,

Last edited by SPEC-01; 12-07-2009 at 01:13 PM.

Search this Thread