Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Low traction engaging

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low traction engaging

When I am sitting at a stop with the clutch in and the tranny in first, my low traction light come on and i feel it working the ABS through the pedals. I only started doing this a month ago and very seldom but now it seems to happen almost all the time. I have an 02 Z28 M6 with some suspension and 85k on the Odo. Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated because I want my baby to run perfect.

Thanks
Derek

Last edited by Bossds333; 12-17-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It does it while you are not moving at all?? either way if you are having an ABS or traction control issue your problem is more than likely a wheel speed sensor than anything else.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
It does it while you are not moving at all?? either way if you are having an ABS or traction control issue your problem is more than likely a wheel speed sensor than anything else.
Agreed. Most likely resitance problem with one of the sensors. Trouble code and scan should identify the culprit.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eseibel67
Agreed. Most likely resitance problem with one of the sensors. Trouble code and scan should identify the culprit.
Not always. alot of times with problems like that the problem is in the sensor itself and it will drop the signal a little early making the EBCM think that a wheel locked up. Happens alot and will 90% of the time not set a code. You have to drive around with the scanner and watch to see witch wheels speed sensor drops out. can be a bad sensor or broken wires loosing continuity at times. Most of the times though the ABS only sets codes when there is a HARD fault.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you

I am going to have my buddy hook it up to the scanner for me, im sure he wouldnt mind if we took a little drive with it either.

Quick Reply: Low traction engaging