Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing MSD Shift Light

i just ordered a msd ahift light
can someone gave me instructions to install it in a 2000 TA

thanx
Old 12-26-2003, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

Ok, you should have three wires to hook up. First start with the tach signal. I wired mine to the pcm. The pin assignment for the tach output signal is #10, its a white wire on the red pcm connector. Basically you need to take your pcm covers off. One side will be red, the other will be blue. You should be able to see pin numbers and wires going in. You want to tap into the #10 wire on the red side for the tach, and it will be a white wire.

For the power, you dont want power all the time, but only when your car is on. For this I connected mine to the ignition wire. This would be pin assignment #19 on your car, it will be a pink wire (or something close to that color). Splice that wire going into the pcm and hook up your power wire to it.

Now for the easy part. Hook the ground up anywhere you see other stuff grounded. On some pcm's there is a screw that holds in the pcm, you can use that, or any other place you see wires grounded to the car.

I know these instructions probably suck and you are wondering, wth is he talking about, but if you need more help and some pics check out this link.

http://www.raptorperformance.com/98_...stallation.htm

Keep in mind that is for a 98 install, so the pin assigments are different that yours which I gave you above, but the pics should help.
Old 12-27-2003, 12:53 PM
TECH Resident

thanx man

Quick Reply: installing MSD Shift Light