Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Won't disengage all the way! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Won't disengage all the way! HELP!

Just put in my spec stage 3 clutch with new master n slave cylinder... Now my reverse solonoid is goin out, I think, because with my old clutch it was just hard to get into, now I can't at all unless my car is off, I have to use my toes just to get it into our out of a gear! Feels like it isn't disengaging all the way because the clutch pedal runs out of room to go down, anyone else have this problem or any insight of what it could be?
Old 03-14-2010, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Often a brand new clutch will start out that way but the pedal will move up fairly quickly during the first few break in drives. If that doesn't happen, read the sticky post about whether your clutch needs a shim or not. Presume you used one since you have a SPEC. Even so, making the measurements is necessary to ensure the clutch will work right. Finally, make sure it's bled.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Launching!

It was bled thoroughly and we used the shim that spec sent with the clutch... I took the rod off of the clutch pedal temporarily lengthened it and was able to get it into reverse with no problem fixin to invest in master cylnder with ajustable rod.

Quick Reply: Won't disengage all the way! HELP!