Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

starter troubles

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starter troubles

ok i finally got the whole oil diverter plug fiasco taken care of, and got almost everything bolted back up. i wanted to fire it up before i got everything together, unless there is a problem and i have to pull it back apart. well i hit the key and the starter grinds a sec then zings like its spinning free. so we turned the engine over a little with a breaker bar on the crank, then tried it again and it just zings. then my friend went under and with a screw driver pried out on the starter and it engaged. so is there supposed to be a spacer or something that i am forgetting. i dont remember one but somethings not right?
Old 04-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Launching!

no one has any thoughts???
Old 04-09-2010, 03:26 AM
Launching!

Sounds like maybe your starter is bad? What did you have it all apart for? Maybe wrong tooth count on the flywheel if it was replaced.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Launching!

i had to take everything down because the builder didn't put the stupid oil diverter plug in and i had low pressure on my first start-up after the 408 was installed. now i have everything together and get get the damn thing started. it just seems weird that it started last time and now wont start.

Quick Reply: starter troubles