Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 problem please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 03:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T56 problem please help!!!

I have a problem with my transmission and I hope someone can help me out. Well I was going for a drive and got on it in 2nd gear maybe to about 4.5K so when I got to the stop sign then the car wouldn't fully engage in any gear at all. Does anyone have a clue as to what would cause this? The shifter will like go in the slot for any gear but does push all the way into the gear. When I tried to to drive it and let off the clutch then it grinded. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks alot
Old 04-09-2010, 06:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Your clutch is dragging during aggressive driving, most likely a hyd issue.. If you haven't done the drill mod yet, plan on doing it before you cause internal synchro damage. If you haven't flushed/bled your clutch hyd recently, plan on it and put some good hi-temp fluid in.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI
Your clutch is dragging during aggressive driving, most likely a hyd issue.. If you haven't done the drill mod yet, plan on doing it before you cause internal synchro damage. If you haven't flushed/bled your clutch hyd recently, plan on it and put some good hi-temp fluid in.
I just had an LS7 Clutch installed not to long ago with about 2K Miles on it. I up graded the hyd. with the 01-02 slave cyclinder. I was doing great until now. I need to try it again cause I haven't tried it since it went down.