Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Replacement clutch advice.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement clutch advice.

So I blew my clutch out last November and my WS6 has been collecting dust ever since. If the IRS gets their *** in gear some time this year (tax credit on a house) I'll finally have the money to fix it and with summer here I want to be ready and have it fixed as soon as I get the cash. I'm just a little confused about what exactly to get. The car is bone stock with the exception of a few minor bolt ons so I don't need anything exceptionally heavy duty. I'd like to go with something a bit better than a stock unit since I feel that the clutches put in these cars are a bit weak. While I like to romp on my car now and then I don't put it through anything extremely rough and with only 60,000 miles on it, I feel it died before it's time. I'm looking for a quality clutch that will be good for everyday driving yet still provide good solid response. I'd like to keep the cost for the clutch under 1200 or so, like I said I don't want junk but I don't want to break the bank. I was planning on installing it myself but have never done a clutch before. I'm mechanically inclined for the most part and have a few guides to help me along, just wondering if I should be aware of any tricky parts before I dive in. I'll greatly appreciate any advice from people with real experience, not vendors trying to push their own ****.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I would look into the Monster stg 2 or 3 units. Good price and very very good quality. As far as anything trickey, bleeding the hydraulics can be a pain. Get yourself one of the Tick Performance remote bleeders. It attaches to the slave and runs anywhere you want so bleeding is made easy
Old 04-21-2010, 07:21 AM
12 Second Club

I think an ls7 clutch would be good for you. About $500. Also a monster stage 2 or 3 would be good. Better quality and right now you can get the whole kit for about $1000. I'm curious how the IRS gives you a tax credit. I will get mine next year.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:35 PM
TDP
FormerVendor

I would recommend the Diamond Stage 1. I'm having a special for 10% off or free shipping. It would come out to about $625 shipped with a billet chromoly flywheel. We offer a 12 month warranty. Check it out www.diamondclutch.com

-Jason