Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Bad slave??

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 07:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bad slave??

I just installed a RAM HD power grip 900 series clutch and the tick adjustable master to try to get rid of the sticking clutch pedal that has been ailing my car. The clutch I bought from a friend of mine is to have 12k on it. I did use the stock slave and never measured for shimming, read about that after I had the tranny back up. My issue is the clutch is slipping from second gear on. First gear is fine, will light the tires up and lock in just fine but hit second and it slips bad. I cannot seem to get all the air bled out of the system using the mighty vac at the master cylinder method. I have pumped the vac up to 18 psi, wait a couple of minutes and its down to just about 0 re pump and same thing over and over. Have bled hydro's conventionally also. The pedal is firm as can be and for the most part it will shift into gear with out issues, still adjusting on the tick. I don't think I want to adjust the pedal out any further as it is already at the height of the brake pedal now, I don't want to over adjust and damage the new master cyl. Ideas??