Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help!!!

Alright guys i am pulling the engine and t56 togater out the top of my 99 T/A. My question is how do i disconnect the clutch line at the slave cylinder and does the engine and transmission have to be apart to do so? Thanks for any help!
Old 05-20-2010, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's a "quick connect" fitting between the slave and the master cylinder that you should disconnect it at instead of at the slave itself. This fitting is maybe 2' away from the slave on it's way to the master cylinder. It was a white plastic "ring" in the middle that you use an a/c or fuel line disconnect tool to push against and then the fitting comes apart. Hard to describe without a picture. Mine is about 12" toward the driver's side even with the clutch inspection cover and it runs along the bottom of the car.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by Red99TA
There's a "quick connect" fitting between the slave and the master cylinder that you should disconnect it at instead of at the slave itself. This fitting is maybe 2' away from the slave on it's way to the master cylinder. It was a white plastic "ring" in the middle that you use an a/c or fuel line disconnect tool to push against and then the fitting comes apart. Hard to describe without a picture. Mine is about 12" toward the driver's side even with the clutch inspection cover and it runs along the bottom of the car.
That was almost too easy!
You bro