Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Transmission issues..help- Video inside

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Transmission issues..help- Video inside

ok this started happening out of the blue, i havent been hard on the car, tranny rebuild has about 20,000 miles on it . It started this whining noise when i decelerate or accelerate in 1st -2nd - 3rd gear. i checked the transmission oil, its on level. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEGoagS5SaE

also it wont allow me to slam gears when im hauling *** it will be very hard to push into gear but normal driving it will allow me to put in gears like butter..... but i recently started being hard on it with a new fuel pump i installed to test and make sure it wasnt making my car cut out. i dont know whats wrong... can someone give me some feeback please? thanks
Old 05-22-2010, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the whining noise could be a few things
most likely is the bearing between the input shaft and the mainshaft, hence the reason it does not do it in fourth gear(because the mainshaft is couple with input shaft )
does it make the same noise in neutral with the clutch not engaged? and then stop with the clutch engaged.
if it does it most likely make the noise in 5th and 6th as well be very feint
check this and report back

and well if not then it could be another bearing worn causing gears to not be 100% aligned correctly with the corresponding gears

it could also be a simple as a fluid change since its simple and cheap i would at least start there
REMEMBER NO SYNTHETIC ATF

Last edited by tripblackls1; 05-22-2010 at 02:03 PM.