Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Something is out of Balance

Old 05-26-2010, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something is out of Balance

If I am putting a stock pressure plate from one vehicle onto another stock flywheel how should i orient the PP. Can I just put it on there or does it have to go on exactly the way the old one went on?
Old 05-26-2010, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

Anyone...
Old 05-26-2010, 05:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aren't there locater pins for the PP?
Old 05-27-2010, 12:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

if it has a paint dab on the PP than line it up with the dab on FW. If not bolt it on the same orientation as one you remove.

with that said most aftermarket clutches do not have a mark and i have bolted them on in any random way and not had a issue.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:13 AM
FormerVendor

You need to have the plate and flywheel balanced together because the OE parts are not balanced independently. Meaning, when they are built for GM, the clutch and flywheel are spun together but not separately. If you do not do this you will most certainly have an issue of imbalance. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks,
Old 05-27-2010, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
You need to have the plate and flywheel balanced together because the OE parts are not balanced independently. Meaning, when they are built for GM, the clutch and flywheel are spun together but not separately. If you do not do this you will most certainly have an issue of imbalance. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks,
I heard that lt1's are internally balanced in the front and externally in the rear. If that were the case, and i changed the balance of the flywheel independent from the crank that would only further my problems. I'm a newb to clutches and I just wanna make sure I'm asking the right questions.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Something is out of Balance