Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch info...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 10:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch info...

Hey guys, it's time for me to replace my old Spec Stage 2 clutch and am looking into an other manufacturer. First I have no complaints with the Spec as it lasted more than what I planed for, but drivability is a big negative as clutch chatter drove me nuts. Even though on their site they claim the Stage 2 as "like stock feel"...

A few local shops have been raving about this brand, www.competitionclutch.com , they say they have zero issues with clutch chatter and it still supports the same as the Spec Stage 2. Just wondering if anyone has used this brand and what your feedback is.

Also any feedback on any other brand would be greatly appreciated. Like I said, trying to find a clutch that will support track abuse, but not drive me crazy with chatter on the street...

Thanks in advance, Matt.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:29 PM
12 Second Club

Nobody has any input at all? Common, let's hear some reviews...
Old 06-10-2010, 06:37 PM
10 Second Club

I was happy with my Ram powergrip HD. There was VERY little chatter. The pedal was a little heavier than stock too. My best 60' was 1.51 with Hoosier QTP's. It started to slip on that one. So I switched to a McLoed RXT and Tick master. I only have a few miles on it, but it drives better than the Ram or stock setup.