Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick speed bleeder lines

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 09:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tick speed bleeder lines

Is the end fitting supposed to leak when it is slightly loose for bleeding the clutch but not pushing the pedal in? I was bleeding the clutch last night. bleeder loose push pedal down 2 or 3 times release and go to check master and seen the speed bleeder was dripping some continually. It is not excessively loose. Just want to make sure I wasn't sucking air back into the line. I figured with the reverse valve it would not allow anything to drip out. It does tighten up properly and does not leak at all when in the full tight posistion just not sure if the dripping is a normal characteristic of the line.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:49 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My bleeder line (not a Tick, but that shouldn't matter) had a speed bleeder, but I opted to ditch it for a standard bleeder screw since I use a pressure bleeder to get air out of the system. When cracked open, I usually (probably always) see a little fluid leaking around the threads of the bleeder screw.

Provided you are getting a nice, solid clutch, I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:01 AM
10 Second Club

See it was not leaking out of the threads but the actual bleeder hole. and it was a steady drip. It would have run the master out of fluid if I did not take note of it.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That would indicate to me that the speed bleeder spring isn't pushing the plunger into place adequately. Never have liked those stupid things...
Old 06-17-2010, 11:27 AM
10 Second Club

That was what my thinking was as well. THanks for the help.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

I dont think the TICK line uses a speed bleeder does it?? I know the other style that was floating around does..thats what I have. I also have a tick line in the box, but I thought it was a standard bleeder valve. If its a standard bleeder valve, you should be closing it each time you lift the pedal off the floor.

In any case, depending where your bleed line is mounted, if you left the bleeder open, you could get some gravity bleed happening. But if its not a speed bleeder, you should be closing it between pumps.

J.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:29 AM
10 Second Club

Yes it does and yes the bleeeder was bad. I stopped by and picked another up and it works as it is supposed to.

Quick Reply: Tick speed bleeder lines