Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Quick Time Bellhousing ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 04:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Quick Time Bellhousing ?

Bout to put my Textralia Z-grip clutch, and Tick adjustable MC and speedbleeder in my TA, and was eyeballing the QT Housing. It says it fits an 11" clutch. I'm assuming that any aftermarket clutch will fit in it, but I just want to double check before I order one. Also anyone reading this if you have a Quick Time piece, did you mount the plate to the motor and did you have any issues accessing the bleeder? I do have the remote bleeder, but all the reviews of this product I found was from threads over 18 months old and people say a little notching/grinding was required. Thanks!
Old 09-19-2010, 09:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the QT bellhousing with the plate in place. I didn't have to notch anything. I did have to do a little grinding on the back of the oil pan. Had to do it to get the plate flush with the block. I put a McLoed RXT, Tick master, and the bellhousing together. Usually everything I do ends up being a huge pain in the ***. This all went pretty smooth. I would go ahead and do it while you're in there.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:07 AM
11 Second Club

Update : Bellhousing and motor plate went in fine with the Textralia and remote speed bleeder with no grinding of anything anywhere. Oil pan, block, bellhousing, NOTHING. Rock on!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:44 AM
Banned

Qt makes a great product.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WS6 SRT-8
I did the QT bellhousing with the plate in place. I didn't have to notch anything. I did have to do a little grinding on the back of the oil pan. Had to do it to get the plate flush with the block. I put a McLoed RXT, Tick master, and the bellhousing together. Usually everything I do ends up being a huge pain in the ***. This all went pretty smooth. I would go ahead and do it while you're in there.
Hows the pedal feel with that clutch and the Tick master ???
Old 10-10-2010, 02:57 PM
11 Second Club

It's nice and firm. A lot of firmer than stock. I took the clutch return spring out also like the Tick instructions advised. It's not a hard like driving a dump truck or something, but it has a great feel to it. My stock clutch with all the HP and factory crap hydraulics was really soggy. So in comparsion this seems a lot firmer, but it really don't take much. I recommend the Tick product to anyone with a 6 speed for sure.

Quick Reply: Quick Time Bellhousing ?