Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Common leaks on T5?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Common leaks on T5?

I have the service guide for the T5 and i am trying to figure out where the common spots for a leak to originate... the leak is more towards the bell housing side, not the rear of the transmission....

I am trying to find a shop to steam clean the undercarriage of the car and jacks to lift the car up high enough for me to get under the car and have room to look around... Just looking for good advice on where to look and what to look for. anything will be appreciated!
Old 10-17-2010, 04:47 PM
Staging Lane

Where is the leak coming from exactly? Is it in the rectangular slit on the bellhousing? If so, is it oil, Brakefluid, or Tranny fluid leaking out?
Old 10-17-2010, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

See thats what i dont know just yet. the whole undercarriage is so dirty you cant tell where anything is coming from...

im trying to figure out what all i need to do a tune up and fix it all at once so i dont have to worry about being stranded without everything i need... Doing a full out engine clean, suspension rebuild, and brake flush... i plan on a weekend of long nights and beer.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:17 AM
Staging Lane

Brake cleaner and some rags will solve that issue. Just clean off your transmission and bellhousing. Drive it around for a bit, then recheck it. You should have an easier time seeing where the fluid is coming from.
As for figuring out what fluid it is, just remember that brake fluid tastes the worst.

Quick Reply: Common leaks on T5?