Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice

Ok so i have to put a new tranny in my car but i was wondering what is the best tranny to go with or a rebuild kit but i have to have new gear sets cus they stripped but has anyone heard of the tranzilla and if so is it good or bad for the money and its out of a GTO
heres the site: http://www.rsgear.com/products/tranzilla.asp

any help would be great
Old 10-26-2010, 08:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

A tranzilla will cost you about $8000, a son-of-tranzilla will be about $5000.

What are your expected power goals? What type of driving is this car expected to do? (street/cruise, street/strip, strip-only?)
What is the vehicle weight and any mods that would affect transmission rating? Are you looking to keep the stock gear ratios or open for changes? Are you set on buying a new trans, or willing to rebuild yours? Can you do the rebuild yourself, or need a shop to rebuild it?

I could go on an on....
Old 10-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI
A tranzilla will cost you about $8000, a son-of-tranzilla will be about $5000.

What are your expected power goals? What type of driving is this car expected to do? (street/cruise, street/strip, strip-only?)
What is the vehicle weight and any mods that would affect transmission rating? Are you looking to keep the stock gear ratios or open for changes? Are you set on buying a new trans, or willing to rebuild yours? Can you do the rebuild yourself, or need a shop to rebuild it?

I could go on an on....
well i called on that site and they said for my power goals it would be like 2600 for them to custom build one and the car is street/strip and the GTO weights bout 3800lbs and i think that gear ratio would be stock..........and as far as rebuilding it myself i could do it i just need the gear set cus i stripped them....idk how i did that but it did it but im going to weight some options and see whats best
Old 10-26-2010, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 04billygoat
well i called on that site and they said for my power goals it would be like 2600 for them to custom build one and the car is street/strip and the GTO weights bout 3800lbs and i think that gear ratio would be stock..........and as far as rebuilding it myself i could do it i just need the gear set cus i stripped them....idk how i did that but it did it but im going to weight some options and see whats best
if youre in VA, id call Tick performance in Mooresville, NC and see what they could build for you. the times that i have been in contact with them they were more than helpful. They can build one, or sell you the parts you need for a rebuild.

Quick Reply: Need Advice