Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Input shaft Help Please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Input shaft Help Please!!!

okay so my 02 Trans am is at VA Speed getting the 12" CFDF, Pilot, an throwout bearing installed.they called me today an said that my Input shaft on the tranny going into the flywheel is leaking( said it is a 15 $ part an 250 more in labor). 15 minutes later he called again an said that he took off the pilot bearing an it was destroyed. he thinks that the drive input shaft was wobbling because the pilot bearing is bad (aparently the input shaft connects to the pilot bearing), and they think it will be okay if they put the new pilot bearing in they said it should be fine.Now im Worried, do you guys know if the input shaft messes up if the pilot bearing replaced will keep it straight?
Old 10-28-2010, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TopNotch02
okay so my 02 Trans am is at VA Speed getting the 12" CFDF, Pilot, an throwout bearing installed.they called me today an said that my Input shaft on the tranny going into the flywheel is leaking( said it is a 15 $ part an 250 more in labor). 15 minutes later he called again an said that he took off the pilot bearing an it was destroyed. he thinks that the drive input shaft was wobbling because the pilot bearing is bad (aparently the input shaft connects to the pilot bearing), and they think it will be okay if they put the new pilot bearing in they said it should be fine.Now im Worried, do you guys know if the input shaft messes up if the pilot bearing replaced will keep it straight?
If the input shaft has a groove in it or if it is very rough from the pilot bearing beating on it then it will destroy the new pilot as well. The input needs to fit snug to keep it from wobbling in the pilot bearing.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks alot for the help bro, it makes sense. Ima go to Va Speed an check it tomorrow, they said it will be just fine so hopefully that means its in okay condition.they said it had a leak but with the new pilot will stop it.

Quick Reply: Input shaft Help Please!!!