Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

help with reverse thrust washer

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help with reverse thrust washer

I pulled my trans apart because it was popping out of reverse. Found that a piece of my shift pad was broke off and also there was a bunch of junk lodged into the keys (piece of pad maybe). I ordered new reverse gear, blocker ring, keys clips and what i though was a thrust washer. now what i received was different that what was in there. I just want to make sure that the proper type of washer is in place. Keep in mind that i am not the first person to have this trans apart. 1st pics is of the new washer on the left and the two that were in it on the right, the black ring that was in it is chewed up so i ordered another one. so i am wondering what should be in it. any help would be great.
Attached Thumbnails help with reverse thrust washer-dsc02178.jpg   help with reverse thrust washer-dsc02176.jpg   help with reverse thrust washer-dsc02179.jpg  
Old 11-30-2010, 06:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jroc2312
1st pics is of the new washer on the left and the two that were in it on the right, the black ring that was in it is chewed up so i ordered another one. so i am wondering what should be in it. any help would be great.
The new black washer you received is the correct one.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks. So the orginal washers were incorrect?? Any idea what the black ring was?? Also does it matter what side goes down on the new black washer, as it has little circles indented on one side. thanks