Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

car will not power shift......HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very important to note, if the LS7 clutch was installed & broke in with a stock master it will not work with ANY master (modified stock or aftermarket) that pushes more fluid than the stock master. This issue has recently come to light for many of us that installed it when our stock master was working fine but now that it needs attention its a issue.
I am going to rebump this..Curious what Tick has to say about this? I never heard about this before, but seems a little far fetched. So if this is true, you guys are saying that ANYONE that already has a LS7 clutch installed in their car, can't use a Tick master. The only exception would be the people that swap in a brand new LS7 clutch at the same as the Tick Master.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy P
I am going to rebump this..Curious what Tick has to say about this? I never heard about this before, but seems a little far fetched. So if this is true, you guys are saying that ANYONE that already has a LS7 clutch installed in their car, can't use a Tick master. The only exception would be the people that swap in a brand new LS7 clutch at the same as the Tick Master.
Good luck on getting info from Tick. I just went through this by adding their master cylinder to my LS7 clutch set up and it went to hell in a handbag quick. Ended up getting a new clutch and flywheel from Jason at TDP. Awesome guy to deal with and was actually able to tell me what was going wrong and how to fix it.

And for everyone arguing my statement, argue it if you want but I got my info on the phone from Jonathon and Joey firsthand so I guess good luck with the cheap slaves and be prepared to change them early.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jimmy P
Not far fetched at all. This is the case. The adjustable pressure plate adjusts to whatever master is installed during the bleeding & break-in process. If you install a different master that pushes a different amount of fluid the slave will act differently & you will have issues.

If you dont believe in it swap masters & find out the hard way. Several other people have already done this & it usually ends in buying a new clutch assembly without a adjustable pressure plate.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
Not far fetched at all. This is the case. The adjustable pressure plate adjusts to whatever master is installed during the bleeding & break-in process. If you install a different master that pushes a different amount of fluid the slave will act differently & you will have issues.

If you dont believe in it swap masters & find out the hard way. Several other people have already done this & it usually ends in buying a new clutch assembly without a adjustable pressure plate.
+1. Literally just went through this just weeks ago.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005

+2

It really pisses me off im having to get a new clutch for this pile of ****!

thankfull i found this thread with all this info tho cause now i know what my problem is!!
Old 03-28-2012, 11:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow. All this is news to me. Just did an M6 swap with a used LS7 clutch into my car, and while it was out I put in a Tick MC. Got everything back together a couple weeks back and the car drives great, no issues. But, I haven't really been hard on it yet. What kind of issues are you all experiencing with an LS7 clutch broken in with the stock master, then switching to a Tick or aftermarket MC? Difficulty shifting all the time, or just at high rpm?
Old 03-29-2012, 09:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Macs98Z
What kind of issues are you all experiencing with an LS7 clutch broken in with the stock master, then switching to a Tick or aftermarket MC? Difficulty shifting all the time, or just at high rpm?
Bump for answers.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:32 PM
Teching In

I bought a new LS7 clutch with the stock master and had this problem from the get go. Swapped to a Ram adjustable and it helped a little. I had the company send me a new clutch under warrenty and STILL have the same exact problem! I bought a Tick yesterday before seeing this thread. I am so pissed off with this clutch. It has been the biggest headache thus far. Its a smooth peddle but a shitty clutch. I have a new GM slave, i have done the drill mod, i have put shims in and taken out, i have peddle bled and pressure bled the system. Every thing i have tried has helped but not fixed the problem.

Quick Reply: car will not power shift......HELP!!!!!