Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

synchoes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default synchoes?

First off I don't know how to spell synchroes? Well here's the story...
I have had the 02 ws6 with the t56 for about 6 months now and its alway been hard to power shift into 3rd and 4th and I miss a lot. And well I raced a few peeps ast weekend and I ended up having to jam it into 3rd and 4th... and it actually got totally stuck in 4th for about 30 seconds. And now anything above 18 hundred rpms with the clutch in it still sounds like its grinding going into and out of gear... does she need new synchoes? Should I go ahead and just rebuild the whole t56? She has 120k on her and I'm pushing 456 to the wheels tuned down for the street and before the future wet shot. If I do rebuild it, should I upgrade anything or everything? Pricing? I appreciate all the help. I would just like to know what I'm working with before ripping the tranny out. Thanks guys, and I will post pics when I pull it out for y'all. Oh and the car I ran was a built 07 mustake gt... with a lovely t85 and a built rear end... needless to say, poor little horsey! Hehe
Old 01-26-2011, 08:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you have broken the 3/4 keys. You will definitely need to get it apart and rebuild it. I am 99% sure you are going to need a 3/4 slider and a 4th gear as well. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:56 PM
TDP
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He is correct, it's definitely time for a rebuild. A partially broken key will make the slider stick, locking the transmission in gear. The 3-4 keys are notorious for breaking. I always replace them with solid billet keys (stock is stamped steel), and a steel 3-4 fork. These parts will eliminate the weak link in your T56. If you plan to send the T56 in for a rebuild, we offer the Stage 2 build currently for $680 parts and labor (includes the above-mentioned upgrades). Check out the link in my sig for all the details. The new 3-4 slider will be around $120-130, plus there are probably a few other hard parts that will need to be replaced or repaired.

Quick Reply: synchoes?