Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Losing Hydro pressure

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Losing Hydro pressure

Ok guys, I have had this issue and it seems to be getting worse. I don't want to just start replacing the cheapest parts. I would like to have a good idea as to what component it might be first! Here's the deal. O2 Z/28 M6 with a SPEC stage III going on 2 years old. Noticed after WOT runs the clutch pedal would sit on the floor! So I changed the fluid, did the drill out, and bled the system. Pedal pressure is firm and releases at the same spot everytime under normal driving conditions! NO PROBLEMS!!! Until you lay into it! Seems sustained RPM is what really causes it! Clutch will loose hydraulic pressure and not want to come back up. Is this the pressure plate? Slave? Master? What do you guys think? It drives fine, until you get on it! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-15-2004, 10:36 PM
Teching In

Anyone??????
Old 02-15-2004, 10:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

My old spec stage 3 with stock MC was doing the same thing. The clutch pedal would stick to the floor after full power shifts. Turns out one of the springs in the clutch assembly had fallen out.
Old 02-15-2004, 10:53 PM
12 Second Club

I had that happen to me when my slave cylinder was on its way out.

Keep in mind however, that some people on here in the past were having similar issues but turned out to be that their hydraulic slave line was too close to the exhaust exposing the fluid to high heat. They said moving the line as far away from the exhaust and/or wrapping it up in a heat reflective insulation fixed the issue.

However, being as you have had this setup for almost 2 years and it just started doing this...I would tend to lean towards the slave showing some signs of going bad.
Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: What 991LE said could also be the problem as well. I had a Cartek clutch at the time my slave failed.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:12 AM
Teching In

Thanks guys! I'm leaning toward the slave myself!
Old 02-16-2004, 10:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

There is one thing that might help you determine what it is. When the spring came out of my clutch, I got more vibration at high rpm.