Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

About to pull the trigger on a Monster stg2 and Tick master

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^Hey Matt. Was this to help with the clutch chatter that people have experienced on the Stage 3?
Old 03-16-2011, 04:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of our customers where experiencing a squeal when engaging the clutch while taking off from a stop. This was due to them overly slipping the clutch and not adjusting their driving style to compensate for the 6 puck design. We changed the formulation to alleviate it, but is has to be accompained by a slight change in driving habits.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:08 PM
TECH Junkie

That's good to know Matt, probably would have made my decision between the Stage 2 and 3 a little harder had I not made an official decision on the 2 yet.

Excited to get mine Friday!
Old 03-18-2011, 03:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Got my clutch in today. I freaked at first because it looks just like a Stage 1 disc. So I called them up, and they said they redesigned the Stage 2 to be 100% full face disc for more driveability, and added an extra 25ftlb torque rating to a total of 550ftlb torque. Nice. Will be a nice durable, strong, yet OEM like smooth clutch! Thumbs up Monster.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by HoLLo
Got my clutch in today. I freaked at first because it looks just like a Stage 1 disc. So I called them up, and they said they redesigned the Stage 2 to be 100% full face disc for more driveability, and added an extra 25ftlb torque rating to a total of 550ftlb torque. Nice. Will be a nice durable, strong, yet OEM like smooth clutch! Thumbs up Monster.
Enjoy it! We've been working on this setup for a little over a year now. This thing has the longetivity of a stock clutch with a touch more holding capability than our old Level 2. We're excited about it to say the least!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Staging Lane

This is the clutch that I bought and with a little over 400 miles on it I can say so far that is working out just fine. I think you will like it.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Junkie

I just got everything installed today. I just have one issue I made a thread on.. Sitting at idle, it's hard to get into almost every gear except 1st and 4th. 1st to 2nd shift makes it go to 4th.. Reverse is HARD, but doable. But driving the car, it gets into every gear smooth. With the car off, it gets in smooth. I bled the hell out of the clutch, and have tried adjusting the Tick MC out a bit, but I'm afraid to go too far. I went as far out as slightly above the brake pedal, and still no luck. Otherwise the new stage 2 ROCKS. With only like 5 miles on it, it is butter smooth. Can't wait to see a full 500 mile breakin. Stock driveability, high power grab. YES PLEASE.

Thread on problem: https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...iving-off.html

Looks too good to hide in the trans:

Speed bleeder makes things EASY:

Stock 106k mile clutch:
Old 03-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Staging Lane

Get it broken in all the way? how does it feel?

Originally Posted by Matt@SNLPerformance
This thing has the longetivity of a stock clutch with a touch more holding capability than our old Level 2.
Matt, are these really expected to last that long? Searching has led me to this clutch for "spirited" daily driving with the track once or twice a year. car is mostly stock LT's soon

Quick Reply: About to pull the trigger on a Monster stg2 and Tick master