Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

am i tripping?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default am i tripping?

so i just got a monster stage 4 clutch put into my 99 ta. H/C/E/I. making 46x rwhp. now i have never had a new clutch in any car i've had. so this is a new process for me. i'm not a really good mechanical guy. so i need some advice on this issue. my new clutch just rolled over 500 miles so the break-in period is over for me. i pushed it a little bit... well a lot. i was beating on it and i was missing gears right and left at full throttle. It didn't feel any better than a stock clutch to me. I just had the impression that a stage 4 would have a significant difference over a worn clutch that i just took out. I thought the clutch should be really hard to push in. Is there a possibility the shop didn't put in my monster kit and just resurfaced the clutch and pocketed the $800 clutch kit how can i check this without doing a damn near clutch install
Old 03-12-2011, 02:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

im like you i wouldnt know but u didnt ask for your old clutch? i always ask for my old parts no matter what but there's always a chance they can give you anything. but just an idea.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Teching In

It sounds like it may need to be adjusted. Do you know if the had to shim it? Did you get the adjustable master? Did you take it to a decent shop?