Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch not fully engaging..help

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch not fully engaging..help

Hey guys, I am fairly new to the Camaro so cut me some slack here.

This is the 1st Camaro I have owned, and It could just be me, but I think that my clutch is not fully engaging, I a getting a little slip from the clutch and it could just be time for a new one, but I think the issue is else were

I can press the pedal a 1/4 inch down and it slips bad, at about 2.5 inches down it is practically fully disengaged.

I bought this car used, and so far every thing the previous owner touched was "redneck engineered" He told me he installed a clutch about 4k miles ago and replaced the rear main seal. I trust that he did install a clutch, just whether he did it right or not I do not know, lol

Is there some kind of adjustment for the clutch? could the clutch fork be worn or something like that?

Thanks for the help guys
Old 03-15-2011, 08:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ No real adjustment unless you have an aftermarket master. (it's a hydraulic setup. No clutch fork either) If it's slipping off the top it MAY be a "taller" clutch. Did he mention what brand clutch it was? If it's backyard, it may be a Centerforce since that's a commonly known part. Unless he replaced it with a stocker. No real way to tell unless you get in there to see. You could try bleeding it, but that may not do anything.

Quick Reply: clutch not fully engaging..help