Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Still having clutch issues......

Old 03-30-2011, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Still having clutch issues......

After replacing the master cylinder and bleeding all the air out of the line, the car ran great and had no problems.....a week went by and Im having the same problem once again. I believe air is getting into the line somewhere however I can't be for sure. There is still no pressure on the clutch pedal when I press it down....NEED HELP! Had this problem for 2 months now, and Im getting frustrated! Thnx
Old 03-30-2011, 04:55 PM
FormerVendor

I assume that you have an LS based application. If so, it is likely that you have one of two potential issues:

1) Boiled/Aerated hydraulic fluid- Check the fluid in the reservoir. If it is dark or discolored then it needs to be flushed and refilled. If you have long-tube header and the lines are not protected from heat properly then you could be boiling the fluid which would cause air to develop (aeration) and this too could cause an issue like you are seeing.

2) Internal leak in the Slave or Master- This can allow air to bleed past the seals. Unfortunately there isn't an easy way to determine if this is the case...so replacement of the slave and/or master will be required. It is easiest to replace the Master, since it is mounted on the firewall (unlike the Slave which is mounted insire the trans on LS based applications).

Let me know what the fluid looks like and I will be happy to assist with more support if needed. Thanks!
Old 04-02-2011, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
I assume that you have an LS based application. If so, it is likely that you have one of two potential issues:

1) Boiled/Aerated hydraulic fluid- Check the fluid in the reservoir. If it is dark or discolored then it needs to be flushed and refilled. If you have long-tube header and the lines are not protected from heat properly then you could be boiling the fluid which would cause air to develop (aeration) and this too could cause an issue like you are seeing.

2) Internal leak in the Slave or Master- This can allow air to bleed past the seals. Unfortunately there isn't an easy way to determine if this is the case...so replacement of the slave and/or master will be required. It is easiest to replace the Master, since it is mounted on the firewall (unlike the Slave which is mounted insire the trans on LS based applications).

Let me know what the fluid looks like and I will be happy to assist with more support if needed. Thanks!
Fluid is clear bro, however i did make the mistake of using dot 3 instead of dot 4 like an idiot! like I said I bleed the system and everything worked fine for a week of driving it and then after 4 days of sitting back to the same problem.

Search this Thread