Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

SLP Skip-Shift Eliminator?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry SLP Skip-Shift Eliminator?

I installed a SLP Skip-shift Emliminator on my 02 WS6 and now have problems putting the TA in "Reverse". Any reason why this is happening? Solutions? Thanks for your time.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might have unplugged your reverse lockout solenoid. If I remember right the skip shift and reverse solenoids look basically the same so it's easy to unplug the wrong one. Someone else will probably chime in, but I think that's the problem. Look at the instructions it shows you which is which.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

If the 4th generation is anything like the 2010 Camaros there are two plugs on the transmission that the skip shift eliminator will fit, the CAGS solenoid and the reverse lock out. Plugging it into the wrong one is a common mistake. The skip shift solenoid is located half way up the transmission case, towards the top, on the drivers side.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by chevyconvert
If the 4th generation is anything like the 2010 Camaros there are two plugs on the transmission that the skip shift eliminator will fit, the CAGS solenoid and the reverse lock out. Plugging it into the wrong one is a common mistake. The skip shift solenoid is located half way up the transmission case, towards the top, on the drivers side.
I'll double check that. Thanks.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:45 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it sounds like you have them switched. It is very easy to mix them up. This is the skip shift solenoid. Hope you get it figured out.

Quick Reply: SLP Skip-Shift Eliminator?