Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Can't get Tick Master Cylinder Disconnected!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 11:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can pull the trans back a few inches and loosen the bolts to the slave and pull the trans out without disconnecting the master from the slave
Old 07-21-2011, 11:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BAD02WS6
You can pull the trans back a few inches and loosen the bolts to the slave and pull the trans out without disconnecting the master from the slave
I agree, thats going to be the approach I'm going to have to take. I figure once the slave is out I can then cut the slave apart and pull the master cylinder out, then I can work at it on a bench.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PadenAlbin
More than likely a couple of the teeth from the little metal ring in the slave got bent over when the line was connected back into the slave. I had this exact same thing happen and the bitch would NOT come off.

I got lucky and only a two of the teeth were bent over so with an ungodly amount of prying and pulling it came off. That might be what's causing the problem but doesn't really give a solution.
I'm sure you're right. I'm just afraid to pull that hard on it. Maybe once I get the slave cylinder out I can come up with something.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Joey@TickPerf
Shoot our techs an email here if you'd like another opinion, they stay too busy this time of year to patrol the forums: http://www.tick-performance.com/tech/
Will do man, thanks for the link, maybe they'll have some idea if its bent teeth, etc.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

E-mailed them Friday...hoping for a reply
Old 07-30-2011, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

So the master cylinder is still stuck. The e-mail I received from tick said to depress the white ring all the way, didnt help me much there. Guess I'll have to cut the fitting off the slave.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:47 AM
On The Tree

Finally! Come to find out the slave cylinder, which I thought was a gm slave, at least thats what I ordered. The damn thing had a c-clip holding the master cylinder in. I didnt install it to begin with, if i had I would have known this all along. Needless to say the two have been disconnected. Thanks for everyone's input it was greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Can't get Tick Master Cylinder Disconnected!