Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch bleeding problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch bleeding problems

Ive bled my clutch about 3 or 4 times now and it has gotten harder to go into gears after bleeding it the problem went away for a little while then came back. I wanted to see how many time everyone has had to bled their clutch or if this could be a hole thats letting air into the line. Thanks
Old 08-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Teching In

if there is a hole in the system somewhere there should also be a leak.. do you get air out every time you bleed it? how are you bleeding it?
Old 08-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

That's what i figured it doesn't seem to be leaking clutch fluid. I'm getting under the car and using a ratchet to open whatever it is on the slave cylinder while someone pumps the pedal
Old 08-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Staging Lane

Naw I don't see any fluid leaking anywhere. If I pushed the pedal real hard I can get it into gear other than that Naw she wants to move forward as I push it into gear. I just tired of it at this point but im not gone give up.I bleed it every way but the jmd method
Old 08-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Teching In

if your doing it that way.. be sure that they are holding it down while you open it and still holding it down while you close it.. i recommend buying a vacuum pump (mityvac) from advance auto and using that method.. dont need to be under the car or anything.. just place it into the reservoir (the hole at the bottom of it) and pump about -10psi of vacuum while someone slowly pumps the clutch and that will ensure you get all the air bubbles out. .. you can also drill a whole directly next to the gas pedal into the trans tunnel so that your able to bleed the clutch by yourself with out getting underneath the car
Old 08-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Teching In

replace the mastercylinder.. and see what that does for you..i personally just went through this and couldnt even get it into gear with the motor running... i purchased 2 new master cylinders (first worked but didnt shift at high rpm so i bought the second ... it didnt work either) so .. i order the TICK adjustable MC and that has fixed everything.. i personally would purchase that first and skip the BS if i was you .. i wasted alot of money trying to buy stock replacement parts and they still didnt work
Old 08-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks a lot ill try that tomorrow. How much air usually gets in the line when you put a new clutch and slave cylinder on?
Old 08-11-2011, 09:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

The easiest, cheapest, fastest and only one method that worked for me 2 days ago:

Buy a plastic seringue(autozone walmart,whatever..its meant to mix 2 stroke oil/gas).
-Keep the bleeder shut.
-Place rags all around the reservoir to avoid brake fluid spill on paint.
-Suck out the fluid from your reservoir with the seringue.
-Remove reservoir.
-Fill seringue with brake fluid and get the air out at the tip(some oil will spill).
-Hook seringue right where your reservoir tube is.
-Inject the dope till you cant push anymore. Leave it there.
-Pump the pedal.
-Inject again.

Do it till you cant inject anything(took me 2-4 pumps to do it).

I had really good results, way better than try to bleed the chit outta it for 2 hours(alone).
..as a DIYer, its what worked the best for me. I had no succes with other method, even the one that you try to fill it from the bottom with a oiler and some tubing(I think you would have to empty the system first before doing that, which I didnt).

I did the drill mod and have a stock GM master. I shift all the gears nicely(6500rpm!), and the reverse is easy to engage, just go slowly.

I'm still thinking a Tick master is a great investment..maybe next year!

Quick Reply: Clutch bleeding problems