Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Did I break a spring??

Old 10-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I break a spring??

Ok today me and my buddy got the TICK MC installed in the car. The rod however wasnt were it was supposed to be so I had to pull the clutch pedal towards me to try to get the rod on the other side so I could slide it on the pin. When I was pulling the pedal towards me (I know it shouldn't be pulled this way but only needed a hair of room) Something let loose, now my pedal just dangles there loosely. Is there a spring somewhere that could of broke? I never heard any metal fall or anything like that. Anybody have an idea on what let loose and what it will take to fix it. I looked at it, but didn't pay much attention to how it was before the incident so not sure how its supposed to be. Any help would be appreciated.

During the mc install I was getting ready to set the car on fire so once we got it in and this little event happened, I'm less than happy and hope its only minor and won't have to rip the dash apart!
Old 10-08-2011, 07:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a spring that holds the pedal back,, If you dont see it in the floor then its probably still hanging on on the mounting bracket,, HOWEVER,, When I installed my Tick I removed that spring,, If I remember correctly I thought that they recommended removing it anyway. Your pedal is held on with a retaining clip on a shaft on the main base, and is held in place by the spring,, If it came off, and you cant find it,, its really not a problem, the master will return when you let off the pedal.. Hope this helps.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response! Yeah after doing some research I found most people take the spring after installing the tick anyway. So before you mounted the MC rod and the spring was off, did the pedal just dangle there free and loose?
Old 10-08-2011, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bullitt1672
Thanks for the response! Yeah after doing some research I found most people take the spring after installing the tick anyway. So before you mounted the MC rod and the spring was off, did the pedal just dangle there free and loose?
Yeah, before you put the rod on for the MC onto the pedal, the pedal shouldn't have any pressure applied to it, so it will just dangle. once you hook up the rod to the pedal, that will provide the force.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Did I break a spring??