Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch disengage problem!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 03:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch disengage problem!

I have did a lot of clutch swaps on fbodys in the past and enjoy messing with them, but on one of my buddies cars were having a few problems after the clutch install with shifting and the car rolling with the clutch put in!! Here is some details etc...

Put a texas drivetrain clutch in car with the shim!
New slave

It was hard to put in gear when you first start up and hard to shift under a load at high rpm's

when the car is reved up with clutch pushed in the car roles pretty bad....

So we put a new master cylinder on car and drill mod and bled the **** out of it, and now it feels ALOT better, but still tends to roll a little bit with the clutch pushed in, and a tad bit hard to shift....

What is some suggestions or recomendations on were to go next or what it could be!!!

Thanks Guys!
Old 10-19-2011, 10:49 AM
FormerVendor

There are a few things can can lead to incomplete disengagement. These include improper shimming or an improper stack-height, air in the system or a weak or failing slave cylinder (the master was replaced so we will leave that out of the list), improper torque application to the bolts that retain the flywheel or the plate, or a bent disc. Was the flywheel resurfaced? If so how much material was removed. If more than .015" was cut then I suggest getting a new flywheel. Let me know and I will be happy to help. Thanks,
Old 10-19-2011, 11:16 AM
10 Second Club

hey how is it going, thanks for the comment... As I did the clutch install I put a new GM slave in as well, and put a complete clutch kit in with new flywheel...

And recomended shim from tdp!!! After the new master, drill mod, and a lot of bleeding it feels ALOT better but still wants to role just a little bit at high rpm!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:26 AM
FormerVendor

Sorry, I didn't realize the flywheel and slave were new. Assuming that the new hydraulics are functioning properly then either there is still air in the system (I know you reference having bled it) or there is something up with one of the clutch of the clutch components (like the bent disc I referenced previously). Additionally, if the disc was thicker than it should be, or if the plate was not machined accordingly for the specified disc thickness, this could cause similar issues.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:28 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
Sorry, I didn't realize the flywheel and slave were new. Assuming that the new hydraulics are functioning properly then either there is still air in the system (I know you reference having bled it) or there is something up with one of the clutch of the clutch components (like the bent disc I referenced previously). Additionally, if the disc was thicker than it should be, or if the plate was not machined accordingly for the specified disc thickness, this could cause similar issues.
so would you recomend bleeding some more to try and get the role issue fixed first!!!
thanks alot for the help!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:33 AM
FormerVendor

Yes, if the clutch is not releasing it will cause the car to roll and will affect shifting at RPM too. You need to address the release issue or you could see damage to the transmission.

Quick Reply: Clutch disengage problem!