Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Is it time for a new clutch or ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it time for a new clutch or ??

I recently purchased a 98SS from a current member here.. he informed me that he had recently replaced the M/C after experiencing a stuck pedal to the floor, the car still has stock clutch and slave though,

after driving the car for 2 months the clutch pedal has got progessively softer(doesnt stick) but occasionally grinds shifting into 4th and 6th, and shifting quickly around 5k in any gear is out of the question... however when i press clutch to floor and rap it up to 5k it doesnt move an inch...at 82k miles im sure its time for a new clutch..my question is would this be a bad slave problem or something else?

at this point im pretty well set on replacing the clutch with a monster level2 and gm slave..since the M/C was recently done im not sure upgrading to the tick is in my best interest right now..i know the tick and monster set up is great..but is anyone running just gm M/C with this clutch?

thanks for any advice
Old 11-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bud i will tell you the tick master is my best mod to date.i think its a must in these cars. Honest its well worth the money, i like the monster clutches alot i just ordered one from the ws6 store,they have the best prices.your issue sounds like a clutch to me,but i can not tell you how much better everything would be with a tick master
Old 11-07-2011, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When i had my six speed setup, I was running a monster level 5 clutch, and the tick master,, The TICK master was the best investment I ever made, yeah it was pricey, but worth every penny. Personally, If I were you, and money is an issue which it is to all of us,, I would replace the slave and put a good bleed on the system, you will only be looking at about 120 bucks and some time, If you still have problems then dig deeper.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RARON455
When i had my six speed setup, I was running a monster level 5 clutch, and the tick master,, The TICK master was the best investment I ever made, yeah it was pricey, but worth every penny. Personally, If I were you, and money is an issue which it is to all of us,, I would replace the slave and put a good bleed on the system, you will only be looking at about 120 bucks and some time, If you still have problems then dig deeper.
at 83k thousand miles on the stock clutch I think just replacing the slave would only be a band-aid for the problem, and i dont want to drop the tranny twice...it also doesnt help that i drove my brothers spec clutched camaro yesterday and I just cant go back to the crappy stock set up

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Bud i will tell you the tick master is my best mod to date.i think its a must in these cars. Honest its well worth the money, i like the monster clutches alot i just ordered one from the ws6 store,they have the best prices.your issue sounds like a clutch to me,but i can not tell you how much better everything would be with a tick master
thanks for the advice, looks like im prolly just gonna bite the bullett and buy the tick with monster level 2. I havent found a single bad review out there for this combo..guess i was just looking for someone to say something bad about the tick Master..or something great about the stock master/monster setup..300 bucks for a master sounds steep but it seems to be worth it

Ive found this setup for right around 1100(full kit with speed bleeder) anybody know where to get it cheaper?

thanks
Old 11-10-2011, 10:01 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You won't regret upgrading to our Master. The nicest part about our Tick/Monster COMPLETE Clutch Swap Package is that everything is warrantied - the clutch for a year, and our master for life. Details here: http://www.tickperformance.com/ls1-f...-swap-package/

Quick Reply: Is it time for a new clutch or ??