Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Um, is this possible????

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Um, is this possible????

My crankshaft position sensor went out again yesterday. Changed it out and runs like a top. Here is the kicker. I have been having trouble with my trans grinding in 5th and not going in gear. After I changed out the CPS there was no more grinding in 5th. Gone. I tried to make it grind by speed shifting and nothing. Second would grind and third was impossible. Now that I have replaced the sensor all the grinding is gone. My trans shifts just like when I bough it 4 months ago. Would the CPS cause the rpm to change and mess up how the syncros would engage? I'm telling you, it's like a night and day difference. This is my second CPS in a month. When it goes it won't shift right, car lobes, and when it really goes just won't start. New one and the trans shifts smooth, idles smooth, starts within 2 seconds of cranking. My friend said it wouldn't mess with my tranny but I am convinced otherwise. Anyone care to explain how it would cause my gears to grind?

By the way the CPS I bought was Duralast from Autozone. Next one will be AC Delco.