Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

tail-shaft case replacement issues...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011 | 10:29 AM
Staging Lane

no i dont have a crystal ball, and im not "playing" you guys, im just trying to find the most information i can, and honestly, you guys gave me better answers than LS1GTO.com

i didnt know about the having to lift up on the shift rail, or else i wouldve done it, and everytime i have ever replaced a tranny, at leas on the STIs and mustangs i have worked on, the tranny would have to be pulled in at least a little bit.
Old 12-08-2011 | 02:11 PM
TECH Resident

As said with a very skinny long screwdriver if you lift the 5/6R shift rail it is the 1/2" shiny rod towards the passenger side of the car not the shifter rod where the shifter cup is, upward slightly it should slide on flush. But you may have damaged something now by forcing it on, take a good look at your tailhousing and you will see where the 5/6R shift rail needs to sit in the tailhousing. You will still need to address your main shaft problem as well.
Old 12-08-2011 | 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

alright, thanks for the info, if i cant get it to turn free after that, im just gunna take it to my local tuner. i do appreciate the help.

Quick Reply: tail-shaft case replacement issues...