Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

need help clutch issue

Old 04-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help clutch issue

i recently installed a spec twin dics in my c6 corvette im not sure if its the sc66 or sc09 it came from my buddys ls2 f-body so i figured since it had a ls2 he ordered the sc66 but when i push the clutch to the floor its not diengaging all the way anyone know whats my issue?
Old 04-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Teching In

Start by rebleading. Sounds like you have air in the lines. I have been through a lot with my clutches. Burned through 2 centerforces in less than two years. Finally settled with a monster stage 3. Before you blead the clutch, you should change out your clutch fluid, which is actually brake fluid. Start with the basics, Fluid level/condition, reblead, master cylinder, slave cylinder, hydraulic line, and worse case scenario a new clutch.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:21 PM
FormerVendor

To start, you really need to know which clutch kit you have. These units have a different set-up relative to the top disc and having an SC09 kit in your C6 Vette could lead to issues with release. Of course if you have the correct parts there are still other things to consider. Did you measure to determine if you needed the shim or not? What were your measurements? Have you fully flushed the hydraulic system? Is the pedal effort consistent? If you pump the pedal does the clutch go into gear? If you put the car in first gear, with the pedal depressed, does the car creep forward. Let me know answers to the above questions and I will be happy to help you with trouble shooting. Thanks!

Search this Thread